donderdag 26 mei 2011

Dank u wel van Balen ..!

Yesterday afternoon I finished painting the white sides of the banners. I came back around four to discover that the hard winds had torn the corner ring off of the south side banner and that it was now furiously bouncing around in the wind, hanging from just one rope. I took them both down and immediately made a phone call to the people who fabricated the banners to ask if they could repair it.

It was 4:30pm and the shop closes at 5pm, so I grabbed both banners and cycled as fast as I could to the other side of the city. The kind folks at van Balen not just fixed the corner, but also gave me real proper mounting equipment for free ..! I went back to Piushaven and was able to repair the banners and even had time to finish the black sides. I didn't hang them up just yet though because the wind was still strong. The new flexible mounting ropes should withstand the wind now, though.

Today morning I'll go to the Project Building again and fix the bent hooks and mount the banners under the bridge once again. Let's hope they'll stay there this time, according to the weather forecast the wind isn't getting any weaker...

Some process photos:





















Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Opmerking: Alleen leden van deze blog kunnen een reactie posten.